Complaint Free Relationships 6 part series
"And they lived happily ever after" sets us all up to fail.
We meet the person we want to spend our lives with and then, thanks to children's storybooks, we believe that we'll somehow magically get along in blissful harmony for all eternity.
Getting together is where the story STARTS.
Staying together is where the real magic happens and it takes mindful attention.
A great romance doesn't take hard work any more than growing roses is hard work -- they both simply require loving attention and in this 6- lesson series, you'll learn:
Nothing is more important than the relationship we have with our spouse. Whether you're married or not, your primary relationship--that is, your romantic relationship can either be a strong foundation upon which you both can grow; or, it can be a crumbling heap of stone in constant need of repair. In this series, I'm going to teach you how to reshape your love relationships so that they bring you joy, happiness, and fulfillment. In this first lesson you'll learn:
* The real purpose behind all relationships and how to make sure your relationship is rock-solid!
* Why relationships push you to grow and how to make growth an enjoyable process.
* What a "primary attachment figure is" and how to apply this knowledge to strengthen your relationship as you grow more deeply connected.
* How to attract and keep the love of your life!
Building on what we learned in Lesson 1-- that we are drawn to love relationships as a spark for our soul's evolution, in Lesson 2, you'll learn:
* How to contribute to your partner's sense of well-being so they'll feel more loving toward you.
* The #1 need for a woman in any love relationship AND the #1 need for a man. Why they're different, how to meet those needs and how to let them inspire you to grow.
* A Chinese saying that some westerners find upsetting but which carries powerful, transformative truth with regards to relationships.
* What you can learn from hugging your dog that explains a lot about love relationships!
* Why women are better at communicating and reinforcing happy experiences and how men can learn to do the same.
Now that you have an understanding of the importance of relationships and their purpose, let's get into:
* The one single, vital quality we must look for in a romantic partner.
* How to develop that one-of-a-kind quality within yourself and others.
* A:30-second test that predicts whether your relationship will survive long-term. AND, how to cultivate the mindset and behaviors that will assure that the two of you will pass the test and last forever!
* How to bring out the best of yourself to create a deeply connected and powerful relationship.
* Learn the top 5 most admirable traits a person can possess and how to develop those traits within yourself so that you become more desirable!
* How you may be trapped in a cycle of entrainment--following others rather than living your own genuine life. Plus, how to break free of entrainment to become a stronger and happier person.
* The 5 reasons people complain in relationships remembered by the acronym G.R.I.P.E. --A great recap if you've viewed Will's other programs on complaining!.
* The unmet social needs people try to satisfy through complaining. And, how to recognize those unmet needs and help fill them
* How to redirect complaining into positive communication.
* How not to let complaining rob you of your personal power.
* Why women tend to focus on relationships more than men--and, why that's a GOOD thing!
* The one thing couples must do effectively to have a happy, healthy and enduring relationship.
* The 4 things you must avoid in every argument so that you'll reach a happy conclusion rather than getting more angry and frustrated.
* The power of constructing "I" statements to keep from escalating a disagreement.
* The magic phrase that will end any argument and leave you both feeling positive, happy and satisfied.
In this final lesson, put it all together as you learn:
* The relationship-renewing power of Mindful Hugging and how to incorporate it into every day (You get to meet Will's wife, Marti, who demonstrates the technique).
* Who the most important person is in any relationship (hint: it's you) and how to love yourself even more.
* The secret formula for love (unconditional acceptance + looking for the good + wanting only the person's happiness) and how to give this powerful kind of love to yourself.
* How to use self-love as a catalyst for personal growth!
* How to feel better about yourself, appreciate yourself and admire yourself so that you become more valuable in the relationship.
Few people have seen truly happy, growing, engaged relationships and so we have no models to base ours on.
Follow the advice in this series and YOU will have that model relationship others look up to!